Monday, March 9, 2015

Test fit and hiding the PSU under the table

I temporarily assembled the Delta Steel to check what it would look like when finished:


And from a different angle:



The small table is from Ikea and cost me less than €10. I designed a printed part that allows me to securely mount the ATX PSU under the table using wood screws and nylon ties:


I printed two pairs of these mounting corners and screwed them to the underside of the table using eight wood screws:


Then wrapped two 7mm wide nylon zipties around the PSU.


It won't fall off!

WARNING! Do not try to fit a cheap passively cooled LED strip PSU under a table, these require as much airflow as possible and if installed upside down, will probably overheat and possibly burn and start a fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment