Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Firmware: jcrocholl Marlin latest commits don't compile, had to go back a few months

OK, this commit compiles:

https://github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin/tree/4ffdbcbd4e062ca9a822d49432ce2618d0006a8a

The problem occurs if I enable the LCD Controller support in Configuration.h in later versions: the Arduino IDE shows an error during compilation.

Since I really want the LCD Controller support I had to go looking for an earlier version of Marlin (deltabot branch) that would compile.


Once I got the Marlin code to compile using the Arduino IDE, I wrote the firmware to the Arduino using avrdude and voilĂ ! It works. Next step is to connect the steppers to the RAMPS, the ATX PSU, the heatbed, the hotend, and check that everything works without smoke and flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment