Friday, April 3, 2015

Wiring the endstops, some soldering required. Also why do I braid wires?

As I mentioned before, the Makerbot-style mechanical endstops I am using come with their cable, but the cable is not long enough, so I had to cut it and add an extra 850mm to each wire (I also braided the endstop cables, see below ). That required some soldering and insulating the solder joints with heat shrink tube.

The endstop cables are routed inside the square stainless steel tubes all the way from the top of the printer down to the RAMPS 1.4 board.




Remember to connect each endstop cable and stepper motor cable to its respective pins on the RAMPS board: Z is the column at the back, X is front left and Y is front right.

Below is the Delta Steel prototype just before I connected the endstops to the RAMPS (obviously I had to lay the printer on its side to do that), with the belts still loose.



Braiding cables

I have this habit of braiding electrical cables

No comments:

Post a Comment